Hiring an inexperienced or low-cost accountant may seem like the best option, but it can end up being a costly mistake. The fact is that an accountant is generally someone who is tax compliant but lacks the training to see and plan long term:
- Staff members may not be credentialed.
- Inadequately trained and staffed tax return preparation can lead to errors and missing crucial details.
- Too many clients for the staff to handle because they’re busy doing mass quantities of 1040s.
- Not enough staff to correctly complete, file and review return adequately on time.
- Factory-style accountants are not able to afford to attract or attain top level staff.
- Too many clients /too little time to strategize with clients
The result can be not enough time to stay up to date on changing tax codes which leads to costly mistakes that may go undetected resulting in an audit. If so, you may find out your accountant is not even credentialed to defend you in an audit or court.
Hiring a quality accountant ensures that your finances are in good hands and your business is well set up and planned for:
- They can assist in creating financial plans and strategies that will help you achieve long-term success while eliminating costly errors
- Identify deductions and tax credits you may not have been aware of
- Advising you on long-term plans.
- Good accountants will help not only save you money, but they will also keep your finances running smoothly, and give you peace of mind.
If you would you like to explore this topic further to see if it’s a good fit for you and your business, we welcome you to Begin with a Free Tax Savings Discovery Session Here if they would like to further explore if this is a good fit for them.